Exult Healthcare TMS Testimonial
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is therapy uses short pulses of magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the area of the brain thought to control mood.
What is TMS?
During a TMS session, an electromagnetic coil is placed against your scalp near your forehead. The electromagnet painlessly delivers a magnetic pulse that stimulates nerve cells in the region of your brain involved in mood control and depression. And it may activate regions of the brain that have decreased activity in people with depression.
The typical treatment course consists of at least 5 treatments per week over a 4-6 week period for 20-30 treatments.
Each depression treatment session lasts approximately 19-37 minutes, depending on what the doctor determines is the correct protocol.
Each OCD treatment session lasts approximately 20-30 minutes, depending on what the doctor determines is the correct protocol.
Patients who have not benefited from prior antidepressant medications or patients that wish to be free from side effects often associated with antidepressant medications.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is a safe, effective therapy that can be conducted right in the doctor’s office with no downtime.
Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) is a noninvasive form of brain stimulation used for depression. Unlike vagus nerve stimulation or deep brain stimulation, rTMS does not require surgery or implantation of electrodes. And, unlike electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), rTMS doesn’t cause seizures or require sedation with anesthesia.
Generally, rTMS is considered safe and well-tolerated.
Once the coil placement and dose are identified, you’re ready to begin. Here’s what to expect during each treatment:
- You’ll sit in a comfortable chair, wearing ear plugs, with the magnetic coil placed against your head.
- When the machine is turned on, you’ll hear clicking sounds and feel tapping on your forehead.
- The procedure will last about 20 to 40 minutes, and you’ll remain awake and alert. You may feel some scalp discomfort during the treatment and for a short time afterward.
There are numerous studies that show the effectiveness of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) therapy not only during the 4-8 week treatment phase but also having these improvements persist into the long term.
TMS therapy has shown to be very effective even for people whose previous attempts to treat their depression by traditional means such as medications and electroconvulsive therapy (ECT).
TMS received clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in October 2008. It gained FDA approval to treat OCD in August 2018. This novel treatment option is a safe and effective, acute antidepressant therapy.
- Non-invasive, meaning that it does not involve surgery. It does not require any anesthesia or sedation, as the patient remains awake and alert during the treatment.
- Non-systemic, meaning that it is not taken by mouth and does not circulate in the bloodstream throughout the body.
- FDA cleared for patients who have not benefited from prior antidepressant treatment.
- TMS is not associated with the common side effects of weight gain, sexual problems, sleepiness or memory loss.
- TMS therapy is ideal because it has none of the side effects of tradition medications.
- Since TMS is also a noninvasive procedure, it does not involve surgery or sedation of any kind that are required in other depression treatments such as deep brain stimulation.
- Although TMS was originally used in the treatment of depression, there is evidence that this procedure can be effective in the treatment of a wide range of different brain disorders, including Tinnitus, Generalized Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), as well as Cognitive Impairments.
- The effectiveness of TMS has increased significantly in the past several years as newer treatment parameters have been discovered as well as more precise treatment locations.
- There are numerous studies that show the effectiveness of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) therapy not only during the 4-8 week treatment phase but also having these improvements persist into the long term.
Call us at 469-714-0006 or email us at email@example.com
Depression is a serious illness that affects approximately 350 million people worldwide. While medications may help manage symptoms, many patients are not satisfied with the results they get from standard drug therapy. TMS Therapy is a novel approach to achieving remission in depression that is bringing new hope to patients every day.
For patients who have not benefited from prior antidepressant medications. Free from side effects often associated with antidepressant medications. Safe, effective therapy that can be conducted right in the doctor’s office.
Scientific Backing of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
Key Benefits of Therapy at Exult
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Access to on-site psychiatrist
- Providers work together
- Tailored programs
- Afternoon and weekend hours
- Yoga and Mindfulness
We do take multiple insurances such as United, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, and Medicare but we suggest you discuss any major medical decisions with your insurance provider.
We currently have TMS treatments for Major Depressive Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
We offer medication management but we try to keep an open discussion between the client, therapist, and psychiatrist as to the needs of the client.
Call us today for a consultation and more information.
Neurostar TMS Testimonial
BrainsWay OCD TMS
This noninvasive, innovative treatment – is transforming the lives of OCD patients. It offers an effective, safe and non-invasive treatment that uses Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation to treat OCD. The treatment performs magnetic stimulation of frontal brain structures and networks, targeting previously unreachable areas of the brain with its proprietary H7-coil, allowing it to effectively treat OCD. BrainsWay OCD has many advantages over other treatment options, as it is an outpatient procedure that is generally well tolerated and entails minimal side effects.
This treatment is now offered at Exult Healthcare. Please call (469) 714-0006 for more information or to set up a consultation.